That Ain't Right...

A shout-out to the fashion faux pas and unseemly snafus plaguing our world today!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Redneck Mary Kay


Sunday afternoon, I was driving home from church and rubbernecked when I saw this abomination sitting in the P.F. Chang's parking lot. Among the rows and rows of Lexus luxury sedans, sporty Range Rover SUVs, and the occassional mid-life-crisis-Honda NSX, stood this loud-and-proud HOT PINK Oldsmobile. In the land of the Cool Springs elite, this beauty was hard to miss.

Lately it seems as if there is a trend among That-Ain't-Righters of the world to commit heinous acts of That-Ain't-Rightness utilizing the color pink (see the previous blog entry). Maybe the justification is that pink is such a lovely color and will make any situation seem happy and carefree. Maybe it's because the color pink is so loud that one might not notice other flaws on display to the general public. Either way, the owner of this HOT PINK Oldsmobile wasn't gun shy with that can of spray paint.

There may afterall, be an explanation for why this HOT PINK Oldsmobile exists. I bet its owner is an independent Mary Kay salesperson who just hasn't been able to make the sales part of the equation happen yet. Who says that you have to be an overachiever in the Mary Kay empire to drive a Pink Cadillac???

3 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    What's funny is I think I've seen this car before. It's even more offensive in person. Yikes!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Mary Anna said…

    No Joke---the pink cadillac is broken down on 65-South, sitting on the shoulder of the road right before you exit at Concord.

    It's like the roaming knome! I Ha-Ha-ed out loud when I saw it this afternoon!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Leslie Robus said…

    I saw a pink suburban yesterday. I was the nastiest looking thing ever. It made me think of your post and how that aint right ;-)Leslie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home