That Ain't Right...

A shout-out to the fashion faux pas and unseemly snafus plaguing our world today!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Giving Thanks for TAR moments

All I can say is I love my family, and I love my family's hometown... BUT... these just ain't right.



First, the Breast TAR-in-a-bar award goes to this plastic pair of
patookas, hanging on the wall in noneother than The Pumper in good ole' Cannelton, IN. Apparently they were part of a guy's Elvis Halloween costume (really. I don't make this stuff up!) and he hung them on the wall where they've been ever since.



Second place, best free-handed TAR moment of the weekend, my cousin Chris asks, hey, do you wanna see a picture of my family? Maybe a little week for this blog, but I was amused.

Next, another Bar TAR that's just wrong:






And finally, observe exhibit A, the Publix man and woman salt & pepper shakers. We’ve had these a few years, and every time we get them out someone has to comment on how the male pilgrim looks like some guy named Russell Bolin that they all know from Cannelton, and so the salt & pepper shakers are fondly referred to as “Russell Bolin and his wife.”

Well Russell, if you’re out there, I sincerely apologize for this next shot. Children under the age of 17, please close your eyes.
Exhibit B; what happens when my family sits at the dinner
table for too long. Idle hands are the devil’s playground,
but we laughed and laughed at this.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Mary Anna said…

    Your family might just be more white-trash-redneck than mine!

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Amanda Bradley said…

    well, now in my family's defense, 2 of the pictures posted were not directly linked with any family members.

    And Sarah, as far you and your young whipper-snapper bands are concerned- I have no idea. :o)

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd say that about sums up our Turkey day in Indiana. There is never a dull moment up there. Amanda, you could have said something about Jerry saying bunghole over and over again at the dinner table, becuase that ain't right!

    Laura

     

Post a Comment

<< Home