That Ain't Right...

A shout-out to the fashion faux pas and unseemly snafus plaguing our world today!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

the drive-thru fender-bender


Saturday Afternoon. Tell City, IN. McDonalds drive-thru. Mom, Laura, and I are in line on the hill, anxiously waiting to order our lunch. My cell phone rings. It's my Uncle Michael, calling to see where we are, and if we need anything from the store- at least, I think that's what he wanted- When all of a sudden, the car in front of us starts to roll backwards. I start to yell, trying to alert my mom of the impending crash, but moreso because I think the car in front of me will hear me yelling. The car rolls backwards into Mom's bumper not once but twice, and all the while Michael is still on the phone and worried sick because all I keep yelling is Ohmygosh, he just hit us!! over and over. I finally tell my uncle that we are ok, hang up with him, and Mom gets out of the car to check for damage.

But the real kicker? The elderly couple in front of us don't even seem to realize they've just backed into us TWICE, and so they don't get out of their car to apologize or acknowledge us in any way. They simply roll up and order their big mac or whatever they heck those Freemasons eat (check out the liscence plate. weirdos.). Luckily there was no visible damage to Mikey the Beatle Bug, but I was furious! How do you hit another car and not know it? Now That Ain't Right.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home