That Ain't Right...

A shout-out to the fashion faux pas and unseemly snafus plaguing our world today!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Beach bum

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the "beach bum."

For those who don't know, I recently took a trip down to Tampa Bay-St. Petersburg, FL for a little R&R with my sister. I'd mentioned to the other TAR bloggers that I was confident my time on the oh-so public beach would yield some quality photos for our little gallery here....but I was not prepared for what you see to the left.

This is one of those sad and peculiar That-Ain't-Right moments where the actual TAR offense is committed against an innocent, without knowledge or consent. This mama strolled down the coast with her toddler flying Superman-style under her arm, bare booty to the world. As with any good TAR sighting, the question must always be "why?" Perhaps this family could not afford a tiny swimsuit...and then they ran out of diapers too. Or maybe she's preparing for a role as Lady Godiva in a pint-sized play. Or was it the tan line issue? We may never know.

No matter the cause, bless this child's heart whose mother opted to clad her in nothing more than some SPF 30 (I'm guessing it was Water Babies).

4 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Mary Anna said…

    The toddler's not the only one with crack attack...

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW. Is there anything more to say? Sarah, you've got me in tears! That TRUELY Ain't Right.

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this picture is so stinkin' funny to me. i totally think i've seen this family before.

    a couple octobers ago, a friend and i escaped for a long weekend at the beach and as we were laying under our umbrellas we were listening to the only other people on the beach- a young family of four. as we listened to them yell at each other for taking the last "swaller" of pepsi we decided they were apparently the poster family for rednecks.

    well, my observant friend had noticed that one of the little boys had an arm that had been amputated just about halfway down between the shoulder and elbow.
    As we were laying there with our eyes closed we heard the momma say, "Put yer stub down, I'm tryin' to take a pik-shure."

    So, so not right.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Diana said…

    LOL! That's a great picture:D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home