That Ain't Right...

A shout-out to the fashion faux pas and unseemly snafus plaguing our world today!

Friday, August 19, 2005

Royal Flush



Last night I was having dinner at Panera Bread, killing time before Bible study. So I'm sitting in my booth and a group of about eight people are at the table next to me. They obviously don't know each other well....from what I could tell (er...hear), they all met on the internet, sharing a hobby known as "Cribs." Evidently, it's some kind of card game. From the looks of the group, bathing is not a high priority for them...in fact, I would imagine Panera is a field trip for them, because they don't get out often!

Anyway, they begin playing this card game and hootin' and hollerin.' All of a sudden, their fearless leader shouts out that he has a "Royal Flush" and he whips out this little, plastic toilet from underneath the table---and then proceeds to flush it! It promptly makes a swishing sound, and he giggles like a schoolgirl.

I quote: "Remember, when you guys get a flush, make sure you hit the toilet!"

In what universe is it EVER okay to place a toilet on a table in an establishment where food is served???

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Amanda Bradley said…

    I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!

    this is great. the best that-aint-right ever. props to miss mary anna for catching this moment on film.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    It just proves you NEVER know what people are capable of...hilarious!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger jillymae said…

    good grief charlie brown!!! i'm a card enthusiast, but a mini toilet in public? on a table? AND flushing it?!!?!? indeed, THAT AIN'T RIGHT!!!

    (the game was probably Cribbage, by the way)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home